Welcome! Thanks for stopping by.

Thanks for taking the time to help us find great places to stop along the way. We know that everyone has their favorite little diner, or pizza place, or store with the most unique finds. Please share.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Georgia


 Jerico River Sunset by M. Fountain


Our only trip through Georgia was a few years ago when we were on our way from Disneyworld, to North Carolina, to visit relatives and see the Biltmore.  This was our last big trip in our RV.



 We spent a Saturday night at a little RV Park near Savannah, then visited a little Church close by.  The people made us feel so welcome.  They were so warm and friendly to all of us.  






 



 This is what I think of, when I think of Georgia. A Georgia Peach.







The person who posted this, only as "blogger"  with this 1 post,  said,
"If you have not been to the Historic District in Savannah, Georgia, you need to go there on your next trip to the southeast. It's the largest urban historic district in the United States, and there are several of the most beautiful houses you'll ever see. They have tours of these homes, so be sure to book one. This place is simply breathtaking".   I can usually get the kids to go for one historical home visit on each trip, so we'll see.









This looks like a fun place to visit with the family. 



I recently found a website, away.com, and it had a lot of good information from locals, about things to in Georgia.  A few of them are -

Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site

Georgia Aquarium

Stone Mountain Park

Mrs. Wilkes' Boarding House

Old fashioned family-style dining.  I read that people start lining up at 10:45 for lunch.

 

 

 

 http://www.mrswilkes.com/

Ebenezer Baptist Church



If you have spent time in Georgia, and found a "favorite stop along the way", would you please share it with us?   Thank you.





How could I forget one of my favorite decorating books?  It is full of lovely pictures, and lots of decorating tips

4 comments:

  1. From some of me facebook friends:
    (After
    I asked if any of them have been to Georgia.


    Mark Klodzinski (the Patriot Walk young man, I can't wait for his book).
    "Savannah, theres is the bench/park that forrest Gump sat at, also paula deens restaurant, lunch buffet. Fried Chicken, and tons of butter!".

    another friend,
    "Just the airport in Atlanta, and I think they have some of the best airport food".

    my brother, Greg
    "Atlanta--Peachtree Plaza. Wonderful food. At night take a ride in the white horse-drawn carriage".

    a cousin
    "I love Savannah! And I've never been to any of the islands of the coast, but I hear they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valerie...thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my back porch. I had no idea Paula Deen has a decorating book. I think her kitchen sets on her show are just incredible. I just might have to hop over to Amazon and treat myself! Nice to meet you...I'm a new follower too. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie those peaches look so yummy. You make Georgia extremely appealing. I dont think I ever thought of visiting there. Though I do have relatives there I have never meet. Maybe I should.
    I have an award for you over at my blog
    wwwlifesbeautynuggets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Asheville NC 15 minutes from the Biltmore Estate and go there all of the time.

    Savannah is a favorite city of ours to visit. About 20 minutes from Savannah is Tybee Island. Filled with old fashioned beach charm, if anyone has time while visiting Savannah, they should head to Tybee Island for the day.
    Penny
    p.s. thanks for the nice words about my master bath. I am you newest follower too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to take a look at our blog. Please share the favorite stops you've found along the way.