Welcome! Thanks for stopping by.

Thanks for taking the time to help us find great places to stop along the way. We know that everyone has their favorite little diner, or pizza place, or store with the most unique finds. Please share.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Crafts/Homework Room Redo


http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2009/01/tablescape-tuesday-and-coming-january.html

For Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch, I thought I'd post some before and after pictures of our Crafts/Homework Room. 

After, of course.



Don't you just love those 80's colors?





Here's the new Disney-themed,  kid-friendly version.  I know it's really green, but it is based on the historic green I saw in this bedroom at the Destrehan plantation near New Orleans.  

Sorry for the picture quality, but it's all I have.  I loved the whole plantation, but especially like this green.





 The green walls are Glidden Summer Savory, and the trim is all Behr Swiss Coffee.



This is much more fun to sew, scrapbook, and do homework in, than the peachy walls, with mauve carpet was.  We pulled up the carpet , and this nice hardwood floor was underneath.  That was a very pleasant surprise.  The table was blue, and was our kitchen table at our old house.   We put down plastic, and spray painted it in this room.  Not a good idea!  The cleanup didn't take that long, but it was a mess.  What was I thinking?  I didn't want to wait for my sons to get home and move it outside for me, that's what.  We bought the gingham chair at Ikea, and I made the curtains out of inexpensive gingham fabric and a light-blocking backing fabric.  I found the rug at a thrift store.






The desk was already here, so I painted it black.  It was too heavy to get down the stairs, and I liked it, anyway.  My Disney pin collection was started when the Disney store was clearing them out for about a dollar or two apiece, and now they an inexpensive souvenir of our special times together at Disney. 







I found this painting at an antique store in Oceanside, and had to buy it because it reminded me of the first Disney movie I remember seeing, Mary Poppins.  I did a little work on the frame where it was broken, with gesso, touched up the gold paint, then painted the outside frame black.





 My chair for reading with the kids, or on my own, when the kids are doing their homework







We are Disney fanatics, so we had a lot of pictures of our family at Disneyland, all put away, which we never looked at until I put them under glass in this desktop.  The glass was under $100, and a nice way to be reminded of our fun times as a family.  I hope I can figure our how to link back to Between Naps on the Porch, so I am a part of  Metamorphosis Monday.
Thanks for taking a look.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to "meet" you and to have you as my new blog follower! Looking forward to getting to know you better!
    Elizabeth
    http://www.justfollowingjesus.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to take a look at our blog. Please share the favorite stops you've found along the way.