Welcome! Thanks for stopping by.

Thanks for taking the time to help us find great places to stop along the way. We know that everyone has their favorite little diner, or pizza place, or store with the most unique finds. Please share.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I love white Party and Wow us Wednesdays


This morning I spent some time in one of my favorite shops, which happens to have a lot of white, in many different shades, so I thought I'd post some pictures and link up with the I Love White Party at Songbird
http://www.songbirdisnesting.com/2011/05/i-love-white-and-so-do-you-linky-party.html
I was helping my son pick up his girlfriend's corsage for prom, and so glad I did, because I had forgotten how much white she has in her shop.  Hope you like it.





at Savvy Southern Style









This shop is Unique Chic in Healdsburg, formerly Country Daisy.  The owner has done a wonderful job of updating the interior. I'll let you see for yourself.  Her Mom owned this shop for many years, and it was a typical florist.  When Barbara bought it, she completely changed the look of the shop.  Even the work area, which she thought was too messy for pictures today, looks amazing to me. Tomorrow is Mother's Day.   She has used shades of white fabric, hanging on the ceiling, and burlap on wrought iron hooks as curtains on her work area shelves. 



Don't you just love this armoire with french-loooking aprons inside, and this white chair?





This settee that is ulpholstered in burlap is one of my favorites in her shop.    










                                         Love this chandelier.








Some of her many items with wire.






 I like the way she displays all of her darling items on antiques, or antique looking white shelves.













 Here you can see how she hung fabric to dress up and soften  the ceiling.









This is the refrigerated area.  Love the corrugated tin.







Thanks for stopping by.  If you have a favorite little shop, either in your local area, or some place you've visited, please comment, and tell me about it.  Especially if you live in the Southern half of the USA, because we'll be heading out from California, to Florida, in about a month.  Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing everyone else's post at the I love White Party.




8 comments:

  1. First time visiting your lovely site. Thanks for sharing the Unique Chic shop and breaking down the "whys" behind why it works, photo by photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could spend all day in a Shop like this! *swooning* So glad I joined the "I Love White" Blog Party so that I could discover such lovely Blogs as yours...

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I really love this shop. If you didn't see the post(s) I did on Through The Garden Gate on my blog, you might want to check it out! Very similar goodies! Now following!

    ~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage
    www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is definitely a great shop. How wonderful that you found it! Lovely pictures.

    I finally found a quiet morning to visit everybody again and actually leave a comment this time.
    Thank you again for playing in my We Love White linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it all!! off to see more of your blog

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, Valerie! Thank you for stopping by my blog! I just checked yours out, and I see that you have BEAUTIFUL blue toile wallpaper on your header photo that I believe is the exact same pattern as that on my table!!! FABULOUS!!! I, too, love toile. Don't get to use it very often, but when I do...look out!!! Beautiful photos of one of your favorite stores. I looked at your archives to see what other states in which you had favorite stops, but I didn't see Georgia. My husband and I are moving there in a few days. I'll be looking for favorite stops, too! Thanks again for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first visit here, and I'm pleased to find your blog. I've visited Healdsburg a few times, but not in recent years. I don't recall this shop. It is lovely! Thanks for sharing the photos. Love the burlap pillow that says Hotel St. Honoré ~ the hotel where we stayed our first time in Paris. ;-)
    Wonder if this is still available? ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful shop!!! Thank you for sharing its loveliness with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to take a look at our blog. Please share the favorite stops you've found along the way.