Welcome! Thanks for stopping by.

Thanks for taking the time to help us find great places to stop along the way. We know that everyone has their favorite little diner, or pizza place, or store with the most unique finds. Please share.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Quick trip to Disneyland

My sweet husband took me to Disneyland for a few days of rest and relaxation.  If you know me, you'll understand.  I love Disneyland, and honestly, it is relaxing to me.  I wouldn't want to go during the Summer because of the crowds, but with Fast Passes, and a good attitude, I guess it wouldn't be that bad.  I plan on going to Disneyworld this Summer, so that probably is just as crowded.  Anyone have any tips for seeing Disneyworld? Any favorites in the Magic Kingdom?  By the way, I didn't bring my camera, so all of these pictures were taken with my iphone.   I hope the quality isn't bad.





Set up for the World Premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean
It was fun to see the Park being fixed up for the World Premiere of the new movie.  I think the premiere will be tomorrow, Saturday.




Wouldn't it be fun to be there, watching a movie outside on such a huge screen?  The park employees seemed excited , and were asking people if they would be there on Saturday to see the red carpet event.

Okay, back to a few of our "favorites" in Disneyland.

We like to eat dinner at The French Market.  The food is delicious, too bad I didn't think to take a picture so you could see for yourself.  They offer soups, Plantation Citrus Chicken, Roast Beef , both with "smashed " potatoes (yummy with a hint of cheese), and fresh carrots, broccoli and squash. It's in the New Orleans Square area, and about $14.99 for dinner.

In front of The French Cafe, looking toward Pirates of the Caribbean ride.



Two of our favorite breakfast spots in the park are Tomorrowland Terrace, and River Belle Terrace.  This time we chose Tomorrowland Terrace.

 The French Toast Platter



The breakfast burrito with black beans.





Two of  our favorite lunch spots are the Pacific Wharf Cafe in Disney's California Adventure, near the wharf area, and the Carnation Cafe on Main Street in Disneyland.








You can buy soup in crunchy french bread bowls.  Clam Chowder, and a corn chowder.  They also have salads, and sandwiches, and treats for your sweet tooth, of course.







This is the Turkey Sandwich.








This is the chicken salad with apples, dried cranberries, and walnuts.














We like the cheesy potato soup, it reminds me of a sour cream potato dish I make, and the turkey sandwich with a salad here.




On to one of our favorite little shops.


They will cut a silhouette for you, by hand, in a minute or less, for only $9.95.  The darling frame is only another $9.95.  So far, I have had silhouettes of 5 of our kids made, and one son's girlfriend, also.  I only need our two married kids with their spouses, and our darling Granddaughter.  They can even do it from a good profile photograph, if you have one.




This is a nice spot near Big Mountain Thunder Railroad ride, near the water, where you can sit and relax, while you eat one of our favorites - either a frozen banana, or a Dole pineapple whip.







We were able to go on all of the rides we wanted to.  Many of them we were able walk right on.  Enjoying the rides at Disneyland is all about being flexible, and not having some strict plan.  If you walk by a ride you like ( are there any I don't like?) and there is less than a 15 minute wait, go for it.  If the ride you want to visit has a long wait, get a fastpass.  I still don't understand why people will wait in such a long line for Splash Mountain (which, by the way, is closed for refurbishments at the moment), when they can get a fastpass, and walk on to the ride in a few minutes. It doesn't make sense.




I still like going on the Jungle cruise.


Having fun with my sweetheart.  Our 30th Anniversary is coming up next month, and he's still my best friend.  I'll do a bigger post sometime with more family favorites at Disneyland, but thought I'd start with a few favorites from our trip.



Outside the park, we like this little pizza place for a quick meal at the end of a long day.











You can buy pizza by the slice, it has a crispy crust, without being too thick.


I just thought I'd show the newly refurbished rooms at the Disneyland Hotel.




 The headboard lights up and plays, " a dream is a wish your heart makes"



It looks almost like it's carved out of wood.





This is the Downtown Disney view, with the Matterhorn in the top middle of the picture.  It looks better at night.






 The artwork in the rooms are photos of Walt Disney, and Disneyland.







 Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel in the background.



New flat-screen TV




Here's Tinkerbell.  Thanks for looking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to take a look at our blog. Please share the favorite stops you've found along the way.