Welcome! Thanks for stopping by.

Thanks for taking the time to help us find great places to stop along the way. We know that everyone has their favorite little diner, or pizza place, or store with the most unique finds. Please share.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Week Two - part two (Disneyworld)

Disneyworld




On Tuesday, we got up and drove to Jacksonville, Florida.  I can't believe we drove through North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia without doing some sight-seeing along the way.  I've heard that Savannah has a beautiful area of historic homes, but I guess we'll have to see about that another time.  We really want to be able to relax and enjoy our time at Disneyworld without feeling rushed, so that meant missing a few other things along the way.  After spending the night at the KOA,  where we caught up on our laundry and the kids spent the evening  splashing at the pool, it was on to Orlando.  

I pulled out the Roadfood book, and saw that a cafe with delicious Cuban sandwiches was only a few minutes out of our way, so we gave it a try.  It took a few minutes to find parking for the RV, and we decided to get the food to go , because the signs said, "parking for Chinese restaurant only, all others will be towed".  I have to say it was worth it.  The sandwiches were thin sliced ham and roast pork, with swiss cheese, mustard, and very thin pickle slices, on very fresh, toasted  bread.  We all loved it. 






 I'll probably never have another Cuban sandwich this good again, but you know I'll try to make my own at home.

on to the Magic Kingdom...


We checked into Fort Wilderness on Wednesday, then went to Disney's MGM hollywood studios on Thursday.  We were having a good time, then all of a sudden the sky was filled wth thunder and lightning, and it POURED.  We stayed under the umbrella where we'd been having lunch, and Parker volunteered to run across the street and buy raingear for all of us.  We didn't want the camera to get wet, so I think we only have a couple of pictures. 





Friday, we went to Epcot.



 Emma wanted take a picture while we waited for the boys.




Ty had a good time.







I can't believe I'm posting this picture.  Tyler threatened to post it if I didn't.  We had just visited the bakery in the Norway Pavilion, where we bought way too many Norwegian pastries, like cream horns, cream puffs filled with berries, cinnamon buns, strawberry roll, etc..   When we ALL had finished eating, Gene got up and left me there, and told Tyler to take a picture of me with all of the empty plates.  I have to admit, I did eat my way through Epcot, but it was definitely the plan.  I enjoyed every bite of the  Norwegian pastries I tried, the caramel apple and the Werther's caramel popcorn from Germany,  the chicken tacos from Mexico, and the French pastries at the end of the evening. 




This little squirrel was quite forward, qand entertained everyone for a least 10 minutes.





On to the China Pavilion...






The American Pavilion...





 The Japan Pavilion




Then it was on to the French Pastries, and the show out on the water, and we forgot all about taking pictures.  We do that sometimes.  Sorry, I know it doesn't make for good posts, but we had fun anyway.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to take a look at our blog. Please share the favorite stops you've found along the way.